Make a New Year’s Resolution to Save Money on Heating (and Cooling)
You may have already made a New Year’s resolution to eat healthier or exercise more. But there’s no reason you can’t make another. New Year’s resolutions commonly have to do with saving money. And since heating and air conditioning systems often account for nearly half of a home’s energy bills, why not start there?
Make a resolution to save money on heating and cooling all year long with our advice and the help of our technicians.
Sign Up for a Maintenance Program
Signing up for a routine maintenance program is an easy way to make sure your heating and cooling systems stay in the best shape possible. Technicians schedule appointments with you annually to tune-up and inspect the equipment and ensure it runs smoothly. With regular maintenance, your finances can benefit in a few ways…
- Better efficiency – Small adjustments allow the components to work as smoothly as possible, meaning lower bills each month.
- Improved performance – Improve the performance of your HVAC system with regular tune-ups and prevent costly repairs.
- Longer lifespan – No need to worry about wasting money on premature HVAC system replacements.
Upgrade Your Equipment
If you’ve got an older heating system or air conditioner, chances are high that it is running rather inefficiently. Today’s systems are more efficient than they have ever been before, and your bills can drop dramatically after you replace your older unit.
You might also consider smaller equipment upgrades that help to improve efficiency.
- Zone Control – Adding a zone control system into your ductwork means that your comfort system is divided into several zones, meaning precision adjustments throughout the home that can help improve efficiency.
- New Thermostat – A new thermostat that is easier to program will save you money if you use it the right way. Lower the temperature by about 10-15 degrees when you leave the home (or raise it, in the summer). Let the programmable settings do most of the work.
- Duct Repair – Duct leaks often decrease efficiency by 20-30%. Repairing leaky ducts keeps air moving directly into the rooms of your home, which means shorter cycles and lower bills.
Call Mark Lindsay and Son Plumbing & Heating Inc to start saving on heating and cooling in Sussex and the nearby areas. Ask about our preventative maintenance program!