Water Heaters West Milford, NJ
If you’re having trouble with your water heater in West Milford, NJ, or think it’s time to get a new one, let the experienced plumbers at Mark Lindsay & Son Plumbing and Heating help you. For over 50 years, we have been the trusted company that New Jersey property owners call for hot water heater repairs and water heater replacements. We’ll make sure that you have warm water when you need it, so that you aren’t inconvenienced.
Hot Water Heater Repair
It’s an unfortunate situation when you go to take a shower or do the dishes, and there’s no warm water. Instead of turning to the Internet and searching for “water heater repair near me”, call the professionals on our staff. Water heater repair in West Milford is one of our specialties. Whether you have a tank water heater, a tankless water heater or a heat pump water heater, we have the expertise to assess it, determine what’s causing the problem, and get it taken care of – fast.
Mark Lindsay & Son is who to call for water heater repair in West Milford when the one at your property is having any number of issues. Some of the main things we see wrong are leaks, unusual noises coming from the water heater, as well as no hot water or water getting cold quickly. Our skilled plumbers know how to repair water heaters regardless of what is wrong with them, so just let them know the issues you are experiencing and we’ll send a plumber out fast.
Water Heater Replacement & Installation
Our plumbers are also experts when it comes to water heater replacement in West Milford, so reach out to us if yours is old or can’t be saved with water heater repair. They are here to answer any of your questions throughout the process. If you are wondering how much it is to replace a water heater, we will go over the options and different models. We will make sure you are equipped with something that is perfect for the size of your place in New Jersey, your needs and preferences, and your budget. Once everything is decided, we will make sure that the current one is taken out correctly and that your water heater installation in West Milford goes smoothly.
Water Heater Maintenance
If you don’t want to have to call us and say, “Fix my water heater,” then make sure you call us for regular water heater maintenance in West Milford. We’ll drain your water heater, getting rid of any sediment or other particles that might be in your tank. We’ll also test for rust and do everything we can to keep your water heater running well so you can always have the hot water you need in West Milford.
Tank Water Heaters
- Proven technology that home owners know and trust. The straightforward system has been around for years and works well.
- Lower product cost and low installation cost. Installation is fairly simple.
- Energy Star tanks are now available. As of this year, the Energy Star program certifies conventional high-efficiency gas water heaters, so it’s possible to save energy and money. Units must have an energy factor of .62.
- Conventional tanks are always on. No matter how energy efficient it is, a storage tank cycles on a regular basis to heat and reheat water at a preset temperature, using energy to heat the water whether a homeowner needs it or not.
- Big and bulky. Most storage tanks take up precious real estate in a mechanical or laundry room, especially in smaller homes such as apartments, condos, or townhouses.
- May be inadequate. Depending on the capacity and household hot water needs, a conventional storage tank may not be able to meet demand. If not sized correctly for peak demand, tank water heaters will run out of hot water.
- Less versatile installation. The unit needs a fairly large space for installation and cannot be located outside the home.
- Less durable. The life expectancy of a conventional hot water tank is about 12 to 15 years.
Tankless Water Heaters
Our water heater service includes tankless water heaters, too. If you have one of these that needs repair or you’d like to get one, we’ll come out and help you get exactly what you’re looking for. Our plumbers will get you the best tankless water heater for your home and set it up for you fast.
- Saves energy. The unit only operates when there is a demand for hot water, which can reduce its energy cost by about 25% annually.
- Highly efficient. The most efficient storage tank has an energy factor of about .67, but, according to Energy Star, some tankless units have energy factors as high as .95.
- Reliable. If a unit is sized properly, a gas tankless heater can deliver a continuous supply of water at a preset temperature (plus or minus one degree) at a rate of typically 2 gallons to 5 gallons per minute. The units never run out of hot water, though the flow rate may be inadequate during times of peak demand.
- Compact size. The typical tankless heater is about the size of a small suitcase, which takes up significantly less space than a conventional tank.
- Durable. It has a life expectancy of 20 years or more.
- Versatile. The unit is easy to zone and it can go almost anywhere in the house. It also can be installed outside on a wall.
- More expensive. Tankless units cost about twice as much as traditional storage tanks.
- Installation is expensive. In addition to the high product cost, installation for the unit and the necessary piping can be pricey. They also need very good venting, which is also expensive.
- Retrofit can be pricey and complicated. Unlike a traditional tank, retrofitting a home with a tankless unit can require different venting and gas piping.
- Best performance comes from gas units. Though gas-fired tankless units are great performers for whole-house use, electric units are woefully inadequate. Electric units are not Energy Star-rated.
West Milford Water Heater Pros
Don’t live with a water heater in West Milford that isn’t working well. Our team of experts can do repairs to get the warm water flowing, or can get your water heater replaced if you need a new one. Call us at Mark Lindsay & Son for water heater repair, replacement or maintenance today!