- Emergency Plumbing
- Bathroom Plumbing
- BCI Acrylic Bathroom Systems
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Gas Piping
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Lines
Drain and Sewer
- Commercial Plumbing
- Well Pumps
- Bath Remodel
Call Today for Tank Water Heater Services in Northern NJ
The tank water heater is what most homeowners probably envision when they think of a water heater. The tank water heater has more competition these days than it may have in the past, but the fact remains that tank water heaters are still something of a standard in residential applications. It is not difficult to understand why.
We’ll discuss some the benefits of using an electric or gas tank water heater in Northern New Jersey below. Let us preface it by remind you that the only way to get a truly great performance from any water heater, though, is to schedule truly great water heater services. That is we recommend that you hire Mark Lindsay and Son Plumbing & Heating Inc to do the job.
Why Choose a Tank Water Heater for Installation in My Home?
Both gas and electric water heaters have a lot to offer homeowners. Before we get into your fuel options, though, let’s first consider the type of water heater itself, and why it is worth investing in. With a tank water heater, price, reliability, and efficiency all come into play.
- Initial costs of a tank water heater are far less than a tankless water heater. They also tend to be cheaper to actually install, as well. If you are looking for affordability at the time of purchase, a tank water heater is tough to beat.
- Reliability is also something to consider. There are many great tankless water heaters on the market, but they aren’t the right fit for every home. If you frequently have the need for large amounts of hot water at different points of use, a tank water heater and its reservoir of hot water is less likely to be overwhelmed.
- Efficiency is also something to consider. While heat pump water heaters and tankless models may have an edge in this regard, the efficiency of modern storage tanks means that standby energy loss is really quite minimal. You must take everything into account before deciding if the efficiency of those systems is really a selling point for you.
A Professional Tank Water Heater Installation or Replacement Is Necessary
We probably don’t have to point this out, but you never know in this age of internet instructional videos. You must hire a professional to complete your tank water heater installation or replacement. Whether investing in your very first system for a brand new house, or finally accepting that a tank water heater replacement is necessary, you need a professional to ensure that the system is appropriately sized and expertly installed.
Gas tank water heaters are preferred by many, but a gas tank water heater installation does require that you have the necessary gas hookups in your home, and proximity to a gas line. If you don’t, electricity is a fine option. Just keep in mind that, despite outstanding efficiency ratings, electricity is inherently more expensive to use in heating water than gas. It is also available everywhere, though.
Contact Us for Tank Water Heater Repairs and Maintenance
It is beneficial to have any problems with your tank water heater resolved as soon as possible. Be sure to contact us if you have any reason to believe that you need tank water heater repairs in Clifton, NJ. Warning signs include:
- Rust on the tank
- Lukewarm water
- Loud rumbling sounds
- Visible leaks
- Pilot light that won’t stay lit
Remember too that, when it comes to preventing the need for repairs in the first place, nothing trumps routine tank water heater maintenance. If you think that you can go without annual inspections and system tune–ups, think again. Your tank water heater is too important to take any unnecessary chances with.