- Thank You Requst
- Emergency Plumbing
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Gas Piping
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Lines
Drain and Sewer
- Commercial Plumbing
- Well Pumps
Call Today for Duct Repair in Northern NJ
Do you use a forced air heating or air conditioning system in order to keep your home comfortable throughout the year? If so, then the ductwork that distributes air cooled by your central AC or warmed by your furnace had better be in great working condition. Otherwise, you are likely to encounter a number of different problems in your home.
Fortunately for you, our HVAC technicians are never more than a phone call away. That means that even if you do encounter problems with your ductwork, you can just dial our number to schedule outstanding duct repair services in Northern New Jersey.
What Are the Signs That I Need Duct Repair?
Obviously you cannot simply give your ductwork a thorough visual inspection, as most of the system is hidden away from view behind walls, beneath floors, etc. What you can do, though, is take note of the many warning signs that duct repair is needed. You just need to know what to look out for.
- Increased heating and cooling costs may indicate compromised ductwork. When your ductwork is damaged, it is easy for heat to be gained or lost, and for air leaks to develop. This can cause a spike in heating and cooling costs, as your system struggles to keep up.
- Reduced indoor air quality is another potential sign that you need duct repairs in Clifton, NJ. After all, it’s not just air leaking out that you have to worry about, but also pollutants making their way into your ductwork. Once they do, your air ducts may distribute them throughout the house.
- Whistling and hissing sounds, along with uneven heating and cooling, are also signs that your ductwork is compromised. Sometimes you can actually hear air leaking out of ductwork. Hot and cold spots may mean that certain branches of your ductwork are in trouble.
How Is Duct Repair Completed?
This depends upon the nature of the problem. Typically speaking though, duct repair entails sealing ductwork. Air duct sealing requires that a professional technician pinpoint the source of the leaks. Once he or she has, a mastic is applied to the ductwork—never duct tape, despite the lore—and that mastic hardens over time. This creates a strong, lasting seal.
Once your ductwork is effectively sealed, you’ll be able to heat and cool your home with the success and efficiency you deserve. Unfortunately, there are situations in which sealing and repairing your ductwork may not be the best option. In that case, duct replacement may be necessary.
Why Might I Need Duct Replacement in Clifton, NJ?
If the problems that you are experiencing are the result of poor duct design and initial installation, then replacing your ductwork may be necessary. This may also be the case if your air ducts are heavily corroded due to leaks, or if they were unknowingly damaged during remodeling services. We’ll evaluate the situation in order to determine the best course of action.
Be it duct repair, sealing, or replacement, the one thing that you can count on is your 100% satisfaction when you work with the professionals on our staff. With over 50 years in the industry, we’ve honed our skills and we’ve got the dedicated customer base to prove it. Call now if you have ductwork concerns in your home.